I’m very sorry, but we have to delay the release. We need to make sure that we have the right to release the program, and this is taking a bit longer than expected. The software was written in part by students paid from the SRVAC, which is funded by DHS and DOE. It is unlikely that there will be a problem, but we don’t have the go-ahead yet, either. I am hoping that we can get the green light this week.
This is clearly my fault for not checking these things earlier. It had been my understanding that that would just be a formality – and it may well be, it’s just taking longer because of bad timing. The issue is whether we have to submit the software for a review (which we do for publications, and it’s not clear if that applies to software, too), and then how long that might take (it’s pretty quick for papers, but I can’t tell if it might be different for software).
I have no doubt that we will be able to release the software, it is just a matter of when. The program is also ready to go. We will keep working on it in the meantime, but will release it the moment we get the go-ahead.
At least, this has given me another opportunity to play with the gorgeous Bauhaus font. As I wrote elsewhere, typography is a drug.