Visualization in the World
On April 24 and 25, the Charlotte Visualization Center at UNC Charlotte will host its second symposium, titled Visualization in the World. We have an impressive line-up of speakers and are expecting fascinating discussions.
The speakers will be
- George Robertson, Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research in visualization and computer-human interaction.
- Felice Frankel, Senior Research Fellow at Harvard University and world-renowned science photographer.
- Alan MacEachren, Professor of Geography at Pennsylvania State University and Director of the GeoVista Center.
- Jeremy Wolfe, Professor of Ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School and a leading expert on visual perception.
- Yehuda Kalay, Professor of Architecture at UC Berkeley.
- Bernd Froehlich, Professor and Head of the Virtual Reality Systems Group, Bauhaus-Universitat Weimar, Germany.
Videos and slides of the talks from the Symposium on the Future of Visualization in May 2006 (as part of the Grand Opening of the Charlotte Visualization Center) are available online.
Posted by Robert Kosara on April 11, 2008.